Thursday, October 6, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Thursday, Edition 24

Awkward:

Guy who walked into my office: "Is that your degree?" (looking at my framed diploma)
Me: "Umm...no, I just printed it off the internet because I thought it would look cool."
This question might have been appropriate if I didn't have a wooden cutout of my name on my desk and 10 pictures, with me in them, surrounding said diploma...

Being outsmarted by a printer.
Our Finance guy has been gone this week, so I've been filling in and I cannot get the printer (one of those ancient ones that prints contracts) to print on the right lines.
I forfeited and did the contracts by hand.
Who needs modern technology?

Looking in the mirror halfway through the day and realizing that a strand of hair has been hanging down, from your updo, all day long.


Awesome:

Dr. Burt: "Would you be interested in an intern?"
Me: (assuming he meant internSHIP) "Well, it would depend on the company."
Dr. Burt: "No, I meant an intern for YOU."
He then said that he would love for me to talk to one of his classes. 
What?? I'm legit enough to have an intern and lecture a class? 
You have no idea how happy this made me.

Only having one more week until I finish my first round of MBA classes.
I can do anything for a year, I can do anything for a year...

Pay raise = more shopping

Being assigned to shop as a homework assignment.
Wait, when did that become homework...?


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!