Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Name is Alana and I Have a Binge Watching Addiction...

It all started years ago when one of the families I babysat for handed me the remote and said "Feel free to watch Netflix while the baby is napping. The Office is a good place to start!" It was all downhill from there...I watched every episode of The Office within a matter of weeks.

When Jacob and I got married, we quickly decided that it just wasn't worth spending over $100 a month on cable when we rarely watched it. I wasn't completely sure I could survive without cable, but I decided to give it a try. Ten months later and I am happy to say that I don't miss cable one bit!

I have had quite a few people ask me for show recommendations, so I decided to compile a list of great shows to binge watch. There are a lot of popular shows on this list and a few hidden gems that you probably haven't heard of.

via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via

I am almost done with Army Wives so I will need to find another show soon. Any recommendations? 

8 comments:

  1. Parenthood is one of my all time favorites! I was so sad when it ended. Recently, I've been binging on Friday Night Lights and Bloodline..both are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the worst thing you could have posted right now because I am SO CLOSE to finishing Gilmore Girls. YOU'RE AN ENABLER! Also I watched The Office years ago because a family I nannied for had them all on DVD and they would let me borrow them. Still one of the best shows ever!

    xo. Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not up on most popular shows, but I LOVE Nashville and an old one that might be on Netflix is Men In Trees. It's kind of random, but I really enjoy watching that one for a feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm with you on this. i love to bindge watch shows- it really is the best. The office is one of my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've included some great titles on your list. We've also gotten rid of cable and I've been watching
    Blacklist, Once Upon Time and The Office. If you're into end of the world type movies, Jericho is pretty good. By the way, I'm glad I found your blog today. I really enjoyed the visit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love binge watching and actually Gossip Girl is one of my favorites to binge watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh girrlllll you read my mind! I am always looking for new shows to watch :) You should watch Pretty Little Liars, I bet you would LOVE it! I'm on season 4 of 90210! so good!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, YES yes yes to Parenthood and Army Wives!! We've done a lot of binge watching in our time haha (currently almost done with Sons of Anarchy which is just okay) but our top two favorite series have been Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights (same producers/creators as Parenthood)!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!