Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time for Change

One of my friends recently started a challenge to herself, she called it "Physically Smaller, Spiritually Stronger."

She is giving up all sweets and refocusing her attention on strengthening her relationship with God. This challenge intrigued me. I have been wanting to lose some weight (nothing major, just a few pounds), and have thought about doing the Jillian Michael's videos. However, I fear I will lose motivation and momentum after my surgery. I don't want to spent the money buying the videos if I'm going to quit using them.

So...I think I'm going to take Courtney's challenge and run with it. With minor changes, that is. If you know me AT ALL, you know I couldn't survive without sweets. Therefore, I think my "physically smaller" portion of the challenge will be directed more towards exercising. I'm going to allow myself two sweets a day (ice cream, candy, etc...) and refocus all other cravings towards my relationship with God (pray, read a scripture, etc...). Then I plan to do some form of exercise every day.

By the end of the summer (more specifically, when I leave for Jamaica), I hope to be slimmer, healthier, and closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!