Friday, November 11, 2011

Tornadoes, Earthquakes, and Floods...OH MY!

For my readers who don't live in Oklahoma, you probably aren't aware of the crazy weather we've been having.

In Oklahoma, you never really know what to expect with the weather--you can go from wearing shorts one day to a coat the next. 
And apparently now we go from taking shelter because of a tornado, to standing in door frames because we are being hit by an earthquake.
In one day, we had a tornado, an earthquake, and a flood.

fatandsassymama.com

In the past week, we have had 3 big earthquakes (mind you, my definition of "big" isn't a California definition of "big"). 

Until this week, I had only felt one earthquake in my life and the only reason I felt it was because I was on the third floor of a building. 

Of course, everyone was freaking out on facebook--people who I hadn't heard from in months were updating, whining about the earthquake.

After the third earthquake, I gave in and put:
"I swear the world is coming to an end, if it starts flooding I'm going to freak out."

Well, guess what?
It started flooding.

This Oklahoma weather kills me...

And of course, like when any natural disaster occurs, the news stations found the trashiest people to interview.  One in particular, was whining about the earthquake breaking her ugly little ceramic figurines.  Some people...

You have to check out this video.
Watch how big his eyes get a few seconds in--that's when the earthquake hit.
You have to give him props for keeping his composure throughout that interview.
Lord knows, I would have been freaking out--oh wait, I was!


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!