Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lana Lately

 Hey y'all! 
I was going to put chicas, but didn't want to leave the men out (and was fairly confident that the male form of chicas was chicos...until I googled it), so alas, I resorted to "y'all." 

I don't think I'll be posting an Awkward and Awesome post tomorrow. To be quite honest, nothing awesome or awkward has happened to me lately.

(Other than the IT guy sending me this video) 
Yep, that definitely tops the Awkward chart. 

Oh yeah, and I have a FOUR day weekend this week! Which means...off to Arizona I go!

In other news, I've been trying various self-tanners to get that "golden glow." This white girls NEEDS a tan for summer.  I tan fairly easy and used to do tanning beds every now and then, but hate knowing that I'm slowly killing myself. haha.  If I lived near a beach, I would go lay on the shore and tan. Pond banks in Oklahoma (in the middle of a pasture) just don't have the same feel.  Not to mention, who has time to just carelessly lay out in the sun? Not this girl!  

I decided to switch up my makeup routine and use a liquid foundation (instead of my Bare Minerals).  I've been using this product for about a month and love it! I have to use a liquid bronzer on top to get the right shade, but it's the perfect look for summer!

I've realized that I don't know how I'm going to let my Baby C go when it's time for her to leave.  She is seriously my source of joy.  Nothing can improve my day like hearing her giggle. I know I'll be broken hearted to see her go (probably at the end of summer), but I have to remind myself that I can't keep her forever and that I provided her with a loving home when she needed it mos.

I got to hear my future niece/nephew's heart beat the other day.  It reassured me that there is in fact a baby inside of my sister-in-law and that my brother didn't just fabricate a fake ultrasound picture. haha kidding (kinda). I'm so ready for December so I can hold that precious little baby!

I'm soooo ready to be done with my MBA--only two-and-a-half more months! The program hasn't been difficult, it's just VERY time consuming. After working all day, taking care of the kids all night, and doing homework after they go to bed, I'm just ready to crash.  I'm ready to have my life back! 
Plus, then I'll be ready to commit more time to blogging, and start sponsoring larger blogs again!

Sometimes you just have to take life one day at a time. 
Can I get an Amen? haha


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine saying goodbye after having those kids! So glad it brings you joy to have them! and I could also use some self tanner - but I'd rather have a beach too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!! Haha so glad the end is near!
    And I can't even imagine how hard it would be to say goodbye to those kids when they have to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 day weekends are the best! And woohoo for being so close to done on that MBA, sister! You're kicking some ass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations for your sister-in-law(about the baby). I think you have been mislead on this one "I tan fairly easy and used to do tanning beds every now and then, but hate knowing that I'm slowly killing myself." There are only a few people know that not all tanning beds are harmful. Read all about what Dr. Mercola's articles here at indoor tanning why you believe in is not true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close to being finished with your MBA, that is so exciting!! I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog...now following along :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!