Thursday, August 9, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday


AWKWARD

Coworker: "Do you have a dad? I never hear you talk about him."
Me: "No."
Coworker: "Did he die?"
Me: "No. He's dead to me though."
Coworker: "WHAT?"
Me: "I haven't spoken to him in 8 years. Besides, I don't need him. Both parental roles are filled."
Coworker: "Your mom and your Heavenly Father?"
Me: "Well, I was simply implying that my mom has always filled both roles, but I guess that works too."
WTF? Why would someone ask me that? 


Running my fingers through my hair and finding this:
Why yes, that is a horrendous knot that pulled out a good chunk of my hair.
Oh the perks having long hair... 


The lady at Sonic who pointed out that my mint colored nails matched my sweater. 
Thanks captain obvious, that wasn't planned at all.


Walking into a coffee table in the middle of the night and waking up to a massive bruise the next day.  Just call me Grace.



AWESOME

I have one more week until I am finished with my MBA. You read that right, ONE more week! I graduate next Saturday!! That is, if I finish the three term papers and two finals standing in my way...


Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (not the death light--the end of homework light) and knowing that I will have free time in the near future. I don't even remember what that's like.  Although then I won't have an excuse not to scrapbook pictures from a year ago or go to the gym....


Now you should be awesome and go read the post below this one and guess what I'm lying about.  The link-up is open until Saturday, so if you want to link-up, you still have plenty of time!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. My parents are divorced and I have a step-dad. Someone once asked me if my birth dad was dead. Ummm...why would you assume death and not divorce? Nope, I just have parents to spare and I get two Christmases. Also, if either of our dads were dead, why would someone want to bring up that memory?

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahh I hate walking into things at night! I always end up with a really disgusting bruise on my shin and people always ask what happened. Oh nothing, I just got in a fight with a coffee table and it won. NBD;)

    YAY FOR GRADUATIONNNNNNN!!!!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited for you?;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, some people just have no clue! That must have been so awkward, but I have to admit I died laughing reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How random is that for your coworker to ask? Who just butts in with that topic and is so blunt? It's like asking someone if they are aware they have a giant zit on their nose. Just inappropriate! Anyway, glad your mom is awesome though :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who asks something like that? I mean, really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha omg I've pulled a hair not like that out before!

    also, people are stupid. If they must know things like that there are much better ways of asking. But don't ask if the person is dead. Good lord!!!

    kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that took some guts for someone to ask you that! There's a REASON why people don't talk about certain stuff, dummy! You handled it well though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is too cute! And that hair knot is all too familiar... ;)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!