Thursday, January 28, 2010

Iced In

I got my teeth cleaned today. Most people hate getting their teeth cleaned, but I love it. This may be due to the fact that I'm going to be a Dental Hygienist...who knows? lol. I told mom I was excited about going to the Dentist and she said I was crazy. I replied with, "what kind of Hygienist would I be if I didn't even like getting my own teeth cleaned?" I would just yell at the patients to sit down, clean their teeth (the whole time, stabbing them "accidentally"), then tell them to leave. That doesn't sound like fun to me...unless of course, I don't like the person. ha ha jk! I'll be a good Hygienist; I'm very meticulous, I like everything to be clean and neat, I love making people smile, and I am a sucker for perfect teeth :).

Of course, as I was getting my teeth cleaned, the rain (and by rain I mean frozen chunks of dihydrogen monoxide) was pouring down. On my way home, I started noticing that the trees were covered in ice (I took pictures on my phone, but can't upload them). As I pull into our driveway, I see our beloved weeping willow tree hovering close to the ground; I guess its' tears froze :(. RIP weeping willow tree. It's the second one we have managed to kill. We're pretty sure our pine trees died as well. I told mom that God must not have wanted us to have trees...she wasn't amused. lol.

A few hours later, our electricity went off. What, you may ask, did I do? Well, I got all of my blankets, bundled up in them, and slept for an amazing 3 hours. It was glorious. By the time I woke up, the electricity was back on. Upon this realization, we immediately put on a pot of stew, which included yellow carrots! I didn't know there was such a thing. My mother (bless her heart), knows I hate most veggies especially the kind that are weird colors, picked out most of the nasty yellow carrots :). Now that is love...

We're fixing to pull our our movies and start a marathon (b/c there is NOTHING on tv, besides a documentary about Hitler which I have already seen).

Our marathon will more than likely consist of:
The Hangover (I rented it today)
Julie & Julia (also rented)
Gone With the Wind (one of my all-time favorites)
The Wedding Date (possibly my favorite movie of all time)
The Proposal (also a favorite)

and anything else I may find in my movie stash :)

Stay warm and spend your extended weekend wisely (hopefully with the ones you love)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!