Sunday, October 10, 2010

30 Posts of Truth, Edition 2

Prompt #2: Something You Love About Yourself

If I had answered this question two days ago, I probably would have said I loved that I'm never afraid to share my opinion.  I have an opinion on everything--if you want to hear it, just ask.

However, after last night I thought of something different that I loved about myself.
I love that I'm willing to make a fool out of myself to have fun.
Last night, I went the Barons' Opening Night (which if you read my blog, you knew that); while there, one of the Ice Girls (which, on another note, I'm really upset that I an not an Ice Girl) came up to me and asked me to play a game after the first period.  I briefly thought about saying no--I didn't really care about winning the $100, but I decided to play.  So, after the first period ended, I made Cameron go with me down to the ice--he actually ended up playing a different game on the ice right before I did mine--and I was put on the big screen and instructed to get all the toilet paper off a roll by mummifying myself within 60 seconds.  
See Below:

If you know me at all, you are well aware of the fact that I am not the most graceful person on Earth, nor do I have balance.  You can imagine what happened next...that's right, I busted my butt on the big screen, in front of thousands of people.  

This is a picture RIGHT after I busted it--notice the Ice Girl on my left is bent over laughing her butt off:


Needless to say, I didn't get all the toilet paper off the roll, so I didn't win $100.  However, they did give me a consolation prize that was better than the $100; it proved to be worth my embarrassment!

It ended up being a great night, and an excellent game.  
It only took me 21 years to have the most embarrassing moment of my life.  
At this rate, I should have my happiest moment by the time I'm 40.


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!