Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Posts of Truth, Edition 4

Prompt #4: Something you need to forgive someone for


Hmm...I'm not going to forgive anybody unless they are genuinely sorry and ask for my forgiveness.
But, if I have to list one person, then I'll say that I need to forgive my grandma for how she treated me.

When my parents split, my grandma told me I was worthless and would never amount to anything.
Later that year, she got really sick and was in the hospital, so my mom forced me to go see her.
When I walked into her room, she looked at me and said "Who are you?"
I know, without a doubt, that she hadn't forgotten me already.  
She didn't want me in her life; at that point I was only a memory to her--she would rather just forget me.  

This was 6 years ago, and I'm still upset by it.
If she were to die tomorrow, the last place you would find me would be at her funeral.


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!