Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Posts of Truth, Edition 3

Prompt 3:  Something you have to forgive yourself for.

This is a really hard question to answer...

I would have to say that the thing I need to forgive myself for is not being there for my brother last year when he got hurt.  I had gone to Texas to visit some friends and was having fun, when he got injured and went to the hospital. It broke my heart when mom called me and told me.  I literally cried the entire way home.  I got home that night and did everything I could to cheer him up, but I just felt so bad that I wasn't there when it happened--not that I could have done anything to prevent the injury, but I could have at least been by his side at the hospital.

It broke my heart even more when, during my 8 hour heart surgery, he sat in the waiting room the entire time and was by my side when I woke up...


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!