Thursday, December 8, 2011

Broken Heart

Because it's easier than explaining my heart condition, 
I've just been telling people I was having surgery to fix my broken heart. ha ha

Three pregnancy tests later, I was finally able to convince the nurses that there was no way I could possibly be pregnant and they prepped me for surgery.
The surgeon was running way behind, 
so I ended up waiting for six hours before even going into my (2 hour) surgery.
I then had to lay flat for 6 hours.


Between the two heart surgeries I've had, 30 spots have been ablated.

Supposedly they were able to fix the problem, but only time will tell.
However, now they are concerned about blood clots.
You win some and lose some, I guess. ha ha


I'm feeling pretty good, considering the circumstances, 
but am extremely sore.


14 hours of laying flat + a foley + very little pain medication = 
a very unhappy/uncomfortable Alana.

Despite my discomfort, I think I did pretty well.
I mean, I didn't threaten to kill my nurses this time...
That counts for something, right?


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

4 comments:

  1. That definitely counts for something! Lol. I'm glad your surgery went well. Sorry you had to lay flat for that long! Hope you are completely healed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I'm glad to hear you're feeling alright! I hope you have a speedy recovery!! Get well soon... I'll be sending happy thoughts your way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I appreciate your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am so glad that you are doing well! That just sounds incredibly wearing. I hope you have a fast recovery! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on A Man No More post. Skip is definitely tiny. We love him! He is a Shorkie (Shih Tzu/Yorkie mix). They are my favorite dog! So so so cute and small and precious. Ha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!