Thursday, December 1, 2011

Awkward Moments & Priorities...

In lieu of my Awkward & Awesome Post today,
I thought I'd share with you the most awkward thing someone can say to you before you leave for surgery:

Said person: "I'm sure your heart surgery will go fine, but in case I don't see you..."
Me: "You'll know it didn't go fine?!"
Said person: (after removing his foot from his mouth) "No, I didn't mean it that way! 
I...umm...meant that if I don't see you before you leave, I'm sure everything will go fine. 
I just said it in a really bad way."

*Note, I am confident that I will not die during this surgery; 
however, I do find it highly amusing that nobody knows what to say to me/how to say it.  
I might encourage it a little too much...


Now on to other, more important, things...

Since I'll be in San Francisco next week for surgery, 
G & J have to go to a respite home.

What was my top priority when packing G's bag?  


If you guessed bows, you would be correct!

It's okay, J ended up with 5 pairs of shoes in his bag.
A boy is only as good as his shoes.
Fact of life. 


Guess I should start packing my bag now.
Lord knows how many shoes I'll end up packing...


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and entering to win "The Help". I love the Chickasha lights as well! They are the best to walk through. I am right there with you... all the sappy movies get me every time. Good luck and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sometimes people can be so dumb and not think about what they say before it's out of their mouth! I'm sure your surgery will go fabulously and you'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers until then! :)

    && nice job on the packing! What girl can live a week without bows? And teaching a boy how to be well dressed young, now that's something I approve of;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bows and shoes sounds good to me! Good luck with your packing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Mallory, I died laughing when he said it and he was so embarrassed! I'm glad I get your packing approval :)

    Jamie, I'll need all the luck I can get because I haven't even started packing my bag yet! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!