Thursday, October 18, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday


AWKWARD

Finally giving in and going to the doctor, only to find out that they couldn't tell you anything you didn't already know. A few hours and phone calls to the doctor/pharmacist later, I ended up with cough medicine, cold sore pills, and no formal diagnosis.

Which brings me to my next point...
Remember the extremely chapped lips I talked about last week?  Yeah, that was the beginning of some massively painful cold sores.  Insert herpes jokes at work here. 

My sister-in-law told me she wouldn't let me hold Zoe (who is due in December) until I get a flu shot.  So alas, I got a flu shot (the first in YEARS) and will now have an awful bruise due to the fact that I was stabbed with an evil, virus-filled needle. 

The crazy lady on Extreme Cheapskates who demonstrated how she uses the bathroom without toilet paper and dumpster dives for food.

When someone puts their arm around you and traps your hair, hindering your ability to move. Stupid long hair!


AWESOME

The bow holder I made for Zoe, 
which will soon look like this one:


My new Vera Bradley glasses!
Aren't they lovely?

Opening an email to discover a thank you video from Kenny Chesney.  I feel so special (completely ignoring the fact that it was sent to everyone who bought tickets this year).  Oh Kenny, how I love you!

Cough syrup with Codeine. Need I say more?

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. I'm on my way to the doctor today. I feel as though he isn't going to have a cure for me either. so why pay the co-pay and just do what I know he is going to tell me anyways.

    also, I love your glasses. I'm so jealous, I've always wanted glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that bow holder! i get cold sores frequently (not as much anymore thanks to some medicine) but if i hear the herpes joke one more time i will just have to slap someone.

    p.s. super cute glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would die if I saw I had a video from kenny too, what a sweet idea lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I hate cold sores! They are the worst! But I think I have said goodbye to them once and for all with a few tricks!

    I couldn't believe when that cheapskate lady said "And if I'm going to take a dump" SERIOUSLY? What kind of girl talks like that.. or acts like that. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I hate cold sores! They are the worst! But I think I have said goodbye to them once and for all with a few tricks!

    I couldn't believe when that cheapskate lady said "And if I'm going to take a dump" SERIOUSLY? What kind of girl talks like that.. or acts like that. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, flu shots suck!! I'm sorry you have a bruise:( I have one from my IV Sunday so I definitely feel ya!
    But yay for super adorable glasses!! Jealous of your stylin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those glasses, they are so cute! And I saw previews for Extreme Cheapskates, it just looks crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new glasses, they look great on you! I just got some new glasses myself and I haven't worn my contacts in a couple weeks I love them so much. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard about that show want to watch it! you look adorable in glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glasses are super cute.
    The bow holder is AWESOME.
    Owie to all the doctor and flu shot stuff.
    I HATE when people get my hair caught!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, that cheapskate lady was crazy. The no toilet paper thing was too much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Extreme Cheapskates commercial grosses me out so much!! I have to change the channel when it comes on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon! I love your glasses! Following you through GFC :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute glasses! sorry you've been feeling shitty:( so have I! but for different reasons LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just may have already commented on this post but i think you should check out my blog today. i am having an awesome giveaway! ok i'm kidding...i'm just trying to one of those annoying commenters. :) I just happen to mention you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hugs and long hair...YES. That is the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm supposed to be getting a flu shot... but I have been avoiding it (successfully so far)... and then today I woke up sickly. Crossing my fingers that it is in fact NOT the flu. Otherwise I'll be kicking myself in the butt for being such a baby. lol!

    And I'm jealous of those glasses! I want new ones... even though I just bought new ones like 6 months ago... lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!