Friday, April 9, 2010

TGIF

This week has gone by so fast--I wish they all went by this fast. lol
It's Friday, which means I only have 6 more days of classes then finals! Yay!!
It looks like I may be able to pull straight A's this semester which is very exciting (especially since I've only put out around 25% of effort).

I have a pretty laid back weekend ahead of me; I'm babysitting tonight and tomorrow afternoon, other than that, I'm going to sit on my butt and possibly (*highly unlikely) do some B. Law homework.

I have come to a realization lately that I don't have to be perfect.
All my life I have strived to be perfect and do everything the right way, but now I have realized that MY way is the right way...even if it's not perfect. Because ultimately, I only have myself to please (of course I have God to please, but that's obvious)...not my friends, family, or teachers. I need to do what makes me happy...
*as long as it doesn't hinder my walk with God

On another note, I was reminded of fond high school memories (which are few and far between) of prom today. I had to dig one of my old prom dresses out of storage for a friend to borrow. My FAVORITE dress, to be exact. Then I was talking to my friend Amy who told me she was going to her husbands' law school prom tonight! We began talking about high school proms and realized we both went to the same prom one year--how crazy is that??
I loved proms. So much, in fact, that I went to 6 different proms at four different schools throughout high school. I loved getting dressed up with friends and dancing the night away.

Those were the carefree days...before I had to worry about majors, jobs, money, schools, careers, and my future...

But I love my imperfect life that I have now and wouldn't trade it for the world--even if it meant I could be carefree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!