Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 Posts of Truth, Edition 17

Prompt #17: A book you've read that changed your views on something

I don't know that I've read any books that have changed my view on something--my opinions are usually pretty unchangeable.  
However, I will name two authors who caught my attention and got me interested in stuff I would have never been interested in before.

1. Albert Camus introduced me to existentialism.  Although he denies being an existentialist, he was (I even have a term paper to prove it).  His stories like "The Myth of Sisyphus," "Absurd Reasoning," and "The Stranger" got me interested in the whole "search for meaning/absurdity of life" idea.

2.  Elie Wiesel got me interested in the Holocaust.  His accounts of the Holocaust (specifically in "Night") are so enthralling.  


If you didn't already know, books are very important to me.  I love to read, and aspire to have my own library one day (not a real library, but one in my house).  
I was actually talking to mom about those digital books the other day and I told her I didn't want one, because I wanted to be able to physically hold the book. I'm weird, I know. lol



Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!