Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh The Things That'll Happen on Hooker Boot Thursdays...


I did not wear my hooker boots today because it was too pretty for big leather boots. lol. But, it's still Hooker Boot Thursday; an interesting one at that. lol.

My morning started off at Job 1 (at the law firm), we don't have a Receptionist right now so I answer the phone a lot. I'm used to getting weird calls like "I need a restraining order before I kill this person" (to which I responded with a laugh and a "Sir, don't tell me that" ha ha), and "I bought a car and signed the contract but the car doesn't work--can I sue??" ha ha, but I have never received one as weird as I did this morning. I get a call from a client, asking for Debi, I told him she was on the other line and asked whether or not he wanted her voice mail, he said "No, I just wanted to know why there is a car on your sidewalk." I said "excuse me?" ha ha. He said, "there's a car parked on your sidewalk, guess you haven't seen it yet." lol. So, I got off the phone and looked out the window, sure enough--there was a car there. Guess we now offer drive-thru legal consultations? ha ha. I told the attorneys to look out their windows and they died laughing and immediately took pictures (see below). Apparently the woman blacked out and woke up just in time to go between the pole and our building, barely missing both. lol.
Only in Chickasha...


Note: drive-thru window and cop car illustrating where the road really is


Note: how close she got to that pole



After all that excitement, we had to settle down for a baby shower for one of the Partners. He has a 4 year old daughter but is now having a son, so we had a shower. We had soooo much food (which if you know me at all, I ate it all lol). Anyways, back to the point...on one of the gifts, somebody had written "Nathan Brown," Jeromy (the dad) read it and said "Nathan Brown...that's weird." To which the person who wrote it said, "that is his name isn't it?" lol. Jeromy laughed for a moment and said "yeah, I guess it is...I just hadn't seen those two names together yet...it's kinda weird; it's like he's real or somethin." lol. WHAT?? We all died laughing. You could expect a remark like this from a first-time dad but this was from a 30 year old father (who was smart enough to get through law school and make Partner in a big law firm before the age of 30). lol. It really makes ya wonder about some people...ha ha

I still haven't heard from Rose State. Tomorrow signifies the end of this week (business days that is)...I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day. However, with my luck I won't hear anything until Monday.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Edmond to watch Spring Sing--I'm so excited, but very sad at the same time because I won't be participating in it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!