Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today, is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

Today, I did something I've never done before.
I made a decision without weighing my options and figuring out a back-up plan.
I quit my job.

This is the first time in 5 years I have been "unemployed."
I placed that in quotations because technically I still have two jobs (typing case studies and teaching piano), but I'm referring to a job as a place of business. lol
I gave my two weeks, but they accepted it and let me go today.
They were sad to see me go, and I was sad to leave, but the law firm just wasn't a place for me.
As my boss said, "the people who work here are at the end of their dreams--they will be here forever. You have dreams and goals; this was just on your path to your dreams." This statement was sooo true. Jobs come and go, but I should never settle for a job I'm not happy with. I know some people say you will never be truly happy at any job, but I believe happiness is something from within, and truth be told, I wasn't happy there.

What am I going to do now?
Well in the 6 hours I have been unemployed, I have come up with a plan (or a not-so-plan, if you will). Seeing as I will find out in a month whether or not I will be in Dental Hygiene school this fall, I am going to remain "unemployed" until then. I don't want to get a job, only to quit in 5 months. So...for the first time in my life, I will sit and do nothing...

I'm slightly excited :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like retail therapy is going to have to happen at the dollar tree for a little while! :)

    I'm very proud of you for making a spur of the moment decision! I wish I could do it lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!