Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Sing Weekend


For those of you who are not from OC, you probably have no idea what Spring Sing is, so I'll try my hardest to explain this foreign concept.

At OC, there are social groups--not sororities/fraternities. Each year, said social groups prepare shows for Spring Sing. These shows are voted on and the winning social group gets the glory, money, and trophy. These shows consist of "choreographed" popular songs (which words have been changed to relate to their theme). For instance...last year Pi (my social group) was the soccer moms. One of the songs we chose was "Independent," we changed the words and sang "S-O-C-C-E-R-M-O-M-M-Y." Spring Sing always proves to be very entertaining, so there's no way I could miss it--despite not being a student there anymore.

On Friday afternoon, I got to see my friends Clay, Steven, Preston, Ryan, Cameron, and Colton. I love these boys to death and miss seeing them every day, so I always have to make time to see them when I'm at OC.

Friday night, I went to the show with one of my dearest friends, Autumn (who also used to be in Pi). I love any time I can get with this woman--especially since she's moving to Japan. We went to eat at Sumo's, then got ice cream at Braum's, then went to the show. We had a lovely little date. lol



This year, Pi was the Brides:



And my favorite boys (in Delta) were the Lumberjacks. They proved to be the most entertaining (as always):



My favorite show this year was the Iota/Lambda Kindergartners (who ended up getting 3rd place):



The winners of Spring Sing were the Chi Pinnochio's. Their show was AMAZING, and they had the cutest outfits!


Seriously though, LOOK at their costumes! They look so good!



After the show I was able to catch up with my favorite Lumberjacks: Ryan, Colton, and Preston.

On Saturday, I hung out with my brother Andrew and his wife Cassie--I took them to Orange Tree (Peachwave now??) to show them how good it was and Cassie loved it. lol
It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!