Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Gives Me Strength

My dear friend, Autumn, told me that today.
She knows I've been going through a lot lately so she sent me a text saying
"Hang in there! You're one of the strongest girls I know. Keep your chin up! You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!"

Man, I love that girl. She always knows just what to say to make me feel better. We have this odd sense of encouraging each other at random times. These random times just so happen to be when we need each other most. Kind of like we have ESPN (ha ha Mean Girls quote, sorry if you don't get it) or something...lol.

Today's thought is about love and authority.
Why is it that we fight to possess authority in relationships? I am one of the world's worst at wanting to wear the pants in the relationship, but why?
Authority is like love...it can always grow. When you were born, you were automatically programmed to love your parents. Did you love them any less when you got a puppy or your parents had another baby? I realize I just compared a baby to a dog...I am the baby of the family so having younger siblings is a hard concept for me to grasp lol. Did you love your family any less when you started dating and/or got married? The answer to these questions is no; love continuously grows and expands, just like authority.
In a business, managers share their authority with their employees in order to better the business. Shouldn't we do the same in our relationships? Maybe, just maybe, sharing the authority would improve our relationships with one another. Which, in the long run, could strengthen or love for one another....

Clue of the day: my HOT date includes somebody who loves cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!