Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why do we sterilize needles for lethal injections?

That's my question of the day. This may because I'm pro-death penalty, but does it really matter if we infect someone with a disease who is about to be killed anyways? Obviously if they were sentenced to the death penalty then they did a pretty serious crime in the first place. Why should we worry about the fate of a cereal killer or rapist when they will be dead within the hour? I know the death penalty is a touchy subject to a lot of people, but for me it's a clear cut answer. If you intentionally kill someone, you should be killed too. If it were up to me they'd suffer a lot more than instant death via lethal injection.

On a brighter note, I'm happy to be single this Valentine's Day! I get to buy what I want (instead of receiving the cliche red roses, stuffed animal, and box of chocolate, which I hate lol), I get to do what I want, and I don't have to worry about acting like I feel special on a day that has nothing to do with me as an individual and a holiday that I don't understand at all. I mean, shouldn't "we" (I'm using this term loosely since I don't have a significant other) celebrate our love for each other EVERY day not just twice a year (I'm counting anniversaries also). Why does February 14th hold any significance, unless of course, that is your anniversary?

Today, I received my enrollment confirmation from LSU A&M for my Business Law class. To most people, this would be no big deal; however, this is my SIXTH college I've attended since graduating in 2007. That's a lot of colleges! lol. This large number isn't even because I'm indecisive and don't know where I want to be, every college I have attended has been crucial to my future.

OC: where I started, as a PR major (however, half-heartedly I was going for my MRS). While there I went on a mission trip and realized I'm supposed to be a Dental Hygienist
UCO: I had to take Nutrition and Sociology as pre-reqs for Dental Hygiene. This is when I discovered my bubble that I had been living in at OC...people would drink from flasks during class. I mean seriously though??
OCC: I had to take a government class as a pre-req and online seemed the best option
USAO: I returned to my hometown so that I could finish up my Bachelors before heading off to Dental Hygiene school. So far USAO has proved to be much like the Tool Academy, although the guys don't seem to be any less of a tool upon graduation lol.
Rose State: I had to take Intro to Organic and Biochem for a pre-req. This is when I realized that I could do anything I set my mind to if I wanted it badly enough. I pulled an A in one of the hardest classes offered...one step closer to Dental Hygiene school :)
LSU A&M: where I am currently taking a Business Law class in order to finish my Bachelor's in Business over the summer

...and that brings my grand total to 6!
Three years ago, I would never have pictured this as my life. As far as I was concerned I was going to go to OC for 7 semesters (I would graduate a semester early), find my future husband, be an Editor on the Talon (this destiny was handed to me by the newspaper advisor my freshman year...later I realized I hated writing about the news and couldn't stand it when people made grammatical errors), then graduate with my Mass Comm/PR major. I guess that's what I get for assuming. I made those plans without considering what God had planned for me. However, he gave me a very polite awakening and set me back on the right path.

I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world. Even though my life isn't considered perfect by other people, I have everything I could ask for [well, minus a man but who really needs one of those ;)]. I am content with where I'm at in my life and I'm just waiting for God to give me my next turn-by-turn directions (too bad it's not really that easy lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!