Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are You For Real??

In case you haven't seen, TLC is launching a new show focusing on a Mormon, polygamist family living in Utah.

I'm not normally one to hate on other religions (you can worship however you desire--I would hope you would share by beliefs, but that's your choice), so I'm not complaining about Mormons.  In fact, I know many Mormons who aren't polygamists.  However, I am hating on TLC highlighting an illegal action.

On the commercial, TLC encourages viewers to "rethink the idea of marriage."  I'm sorry, but marriage was designed to be for ONE man and ONE woman.  Why should we change our views now, especially when polygamy is a sin AND illegal?

Did you know that there are at least 40,000 people living in illegal, polygamist homes in Utah?

I mean, for real, I see dysfunctional relationships every day where the boyfriend/husband cheats on his girlfriend/wife and vise versa.  WHY would anyone knowingly allow their significant other to do this??
I would kick him to the curb!

Marriage is supposed to be about love, devotion, and trust.
Polygamy seems to be about lust...

I just don't understand TLC sometimes--I love some of their shows (Say Yes To The Dress, John & Kate Plus 8, Cake Boss, 19 Kids and Counting, and What Not To Wear), but others just seem to be off the wall (like Sister Wives, BBQ Pitmasters, Extreme Poodles, and One Big Happy Family).

Once again, I ask myself, what is this world coming to?
Maybe all this rain is a precursor of an upcoming flood--better start building my ark (ha ha jk, but seriously).

Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!