Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What Is This World Coming To?

I just saw on the news that they were trying to make it illegal for panhandlers to stand on the side of the road with their signs.  

They interviewed people, saying "they inconvenience me."  Well guess which people they interviewed?? Upper class, snobby rich people, wearing pearls! Who would have thought that rich people would be "inconvenienced" by seeing a poor person....

I don't understand why they're trying to make this illegal.  Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of people living off the government, but some people are sometimes just genuinely down on their luck and need help from their fellow Americans.  

I'd much rather see panhandlers on the road (and help them), than see those commercials for mistreated animals, or relief efforts in Haiti.  

We need to fix the problems in America, before we can fix the problems in the world.

Ugh, I'm annoyed.


Until next time, 
The Intelligent Blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!