Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Intelligent Blonde Advice



Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

Well we all know I'm good at telling people what to do giving advice to others; however, I'm not all that good at taking my own advice. 

If I've learned anything over the years, it's this: 

via
My mom has never been one to give me advice (she's big on me making my own mistakes), but she's always there to listen, which most of the time is all I need. 

Seriously though, I think the best advice I can give is to not let people get to you. I'm the world's worst at taking to heart what people say and allowing it to ruin my day. Take yesterday for example--I found myself sitting at my desk crying because everything had gone wrong. I had to keep reminding myself that only I could control my mood. I could choose to sit and cry (which I did for a few minutes) or I could shake it off and move on. 

So, to sum it all up...

Don't let people get to you; you control your own mood. 
However, if you are unable to successfully lift your own spirits, make sure Mom is on speed dial. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Sometimes a cry is what you need, but people SHOULDN'T have the ability to make us cry. WE have the ability to brush off the haters and the drama and move on!

    Oh yes and CALL MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! I too struggle with shaking things off sometimes. But, calling mom is always a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! I'm an overly sensitive person, so I'm SO bad about letting other people get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo... My mom is the LAST person I would call. LOL jk. Kind of. :P But that's because my mom is certifiably insane... in my opinion at least! ;) I'm glad that your mom is a great support for you though! I hope I can be that for SR! :)

    The rest of your advice was spot on though :)

    xo,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!