Thursday, May 23, 2013

Real World Life Lessons



Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you

I am a HUGE advocate for higher education and have even toyed with the idea of going back for my Doctorate at some point, but I do realize that there are some things in life that school just doesn't teach you...

1. Common sense.
This isn't technically something I've "learned," as common sense can't be taught, but it is very important to note. I've often heard it said that most people don't have both common sense AND book smarts, but I'd like to think that I have at least a little of both. Nevertheless, the general lack of common sense I see in people never ceases to amaze me. 

2. The fact that life isn't fair. 
This is never an easy lesson to learn and my experience is that this lesson is typically realized as the result of a broken heart (for one reason or another).

3. What goes around comes around.
When life another person doesn't treat you fairly, it's always nice to see them get what they deserve; although, I'm not a very patient person, so it never seems to "come around" quick enough for my liking.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Such great lessons and all so very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still struggle with the concept that life isn't fair. That is a really tough lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my Pastor always says, "You can't pray out stupid"

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed!! learning that life isn't fair is hard sometimes but so true!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!