Monday, May 6, 2013

What I do before/after my 9-5



Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

I raise other people's children while they are otherwise unable to do so. 
No, I'm not a daycare worker, I am a Foster Mom.
I love the kids like they are my own, spoil them rotten (figuring that might be the only time in their life they get to be pampered and spoiled), then I let them go. 
When I say "let them go," don't misconstrue that to mean that it's easy, because it's most definitely not; but it has to be done. 

For more information about my thoughts on foster care, visit this post

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. WOW, a foster mom?!?! That is incredible! WOW, just WOW!

    ThANK YOU! and WOW again.

    I've always thought fostering a child one day would be something I want to do, but I guess I have to ge there first!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Alana. WOW. I am so completely amazed by you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so awesome! I love people who love children! It has got to be such a hard job to do, but it is so great that you have the heart to do it! Found you through the Blog Everyday in May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful thing. I've had many friends who were in the foster care system and I'm sure you know better than I that it's not for everyone. That is a tough thing but it is also very fulfilling and a happy experience. God bless you Alana. I have no doubt you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously brag on you to people. I think it is so incredibly selfless and noble to be a foster mom! So glad to see you blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!