Monday, May 20, 2013

Oklahoma Update


Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and messages regarding the Oklahoma tornadoes!
My family is all safe and our houses are all still standing, but others aren't so lucky. 

I, along with others all across the country, have been attached to the news coverage for the past 6 hours. 
I always say that tornado coverage should be an olympic sport, because it's so addictive, but this sad day is no joking matter.

I selfishly thank God that my brothers, sister-in-laws, and beautiful nieces and nephews are all safe; while my heart breaks for those who lost loved ones (especially the innocent children in those elementary schools) and I find myself in constant prayer for the families who now find themselves homeless. 

Regretfully, earlier this afternoon, I was so concerned about the hail damage to my car that I didn't give the impending storm a second thought and I now realize just how petty I was being--material belongings should not be my concern at this time, as there are much more important things to worry about.  

Please keep everyone in your prayers during this heart-wrenching time. 





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!