Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Story of My Life



Considering I've only blogged a handful of times this year, I HIGHLY doubt I'll come close to blogging every day this month, but I do like the idea behind this linkup.

My name is Alana, I was born in a small town in Oklahoma and have lived within a 60 mile radius my whole life. I have two older brothers—my mom couldn't give up until she had her perfect little girl.

My parents used to fight a lot...found out my dad, ahem “sperm donor,” had girlfriends on the internet...he had always been absent from our lives, we just didn't realize how absent. We left when I was 15 and I haven't talked to him since. I consider myself very lucky because while I don't have a dad, I have an amazing mom—she fills the role of my mom, dad, role model, and best friend.

From the start, I proved to be very Type A; if someone did something, I wanted to do it better and I have always been super organized. I absolutely love to travel. I'm a slight education snob; I graduated college and got my MBA by the time I was 23; however, I still have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life! I work a 9-5 job, I am not a fashion blogger by any means, I have no pets, no children of my own but I am a foster-mom, so there's never a dull moment!

Exactly 250 words...told you, I'm Type A...

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May linkup post!!

    WOW! An MBA by 23! Getting things done! What do you do currently? Way to go. And also way to stick with the limit, too! It's a tough one! :)

    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you! Like I have said before, even though you don't have children of your own, being a foster mom makes you an angel! I have always wanted a brother! I would love to have a girl but after having one son, i don't know if i could keep going till i get a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyyyyy! YOU BLOGGED! And I loved reading it! But I feel like I already knew it all. haha :)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyyyy! YOU BLOGGED! And I loved reading it! But I feel like I already knew it all. haha :)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still 23? Holy Crap. I thought you were closer to my age. Now I feel bad that I don't have an MBA, foster children, or have my shit together like you...j/k, but seriously. You amaze me so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!